AKA The Sugars. And this blog is almost 100% word vomit inspired by my real life trials and tribulations as a human being attempting adulthood with a little bugger of a disease called type 1 diabetes. I’ve had it for 11 years, but until very recently, I’ve been a total fucking curmudgeon about it. I had to come to terms with the whole “yes, this is gonna be forever” reality at some point. So I started to do what I do best: write it all out on paper. Or welllll, screen. Whatever.
Here’s a little description of what you’ll see here:
- Naughty words your mom won’t like. Or maybe she will, I don’t know your mom.
- Pictures of people a lot cooler than me that I stole off of Tumblr and Pinterest to try and fit in with the trendy blogging community.
- Large quantities of emotional overshares and a somewhat bullshit authoritative tone on some of life’s most complex challenges.
- Entirely too much information because I’m a perpetually overtired person and when I’m overtired I feel the need to dispose of any and all filters.
- Far-fetched analogies.
- A poor memory of song lyrics.
- And most importantly, hopefully, you’ll find a little bit of comfort knowing that despite the fact that you have to live with this pain in the pancreas disease every day, you are still YOU FIRST and a diabetic second. Or at least, that’s my humble opinion.
So now that you’ve been warned, and you’re on board with this crazy train…let’s get to it, shall we?
Click HERE to start reading some crazy shit.
Also, follow me on the INSTAGRAMS. I mean, if you want. But even if you don’t want to…you should. You’ll just feel left out if you don’t and I don’t want you to feel left out.